Our Ball & Doggett Graphics division offers a comprehensive range of services to create special or custom mixes and spot colours, including state-of-the-art ink mixing facilities in all capital cities. That’s right, we actually mix inks! We also offer the latest quality control tools and technology to ensure quick, accurate and consistent quality every time. Getting an ink mixed by Ball & Doggett to a specific standard ensures:
- Consistency across all of your print communications.
- Minimises wastage and press downtime.
- Pantone colour blends and/or custom colours are matched to meet your individual specifications including the substrates being printed on.
- Greater colour consistency each time ie we can develop a library of colours for you.
- Efficient and accurate colour matching and quality control that is, we adhere to a stringent process, using spectrophotometry to achieve the best results.
- Cleaner, consistent colours than 4 colour builds. Spot colours offer the brand owner and designer higher quality results.
And If you need to get printing done in state other than your own, you can get the ink made to the same specification as we keep formulations on a national database.
More on spot colours
- If consistent colour matching is important to ensure the success of your design and your brand’s colour palette is represented consistently, spot colours are the way to go.
- Spot or solid colours are also best for tiny type, tiny reverse type and those precious 0.5-point lines.
- Spot colours often look cleaner and brighter than CMYK process print.
- If your design includes large areas of tints or percentages of a colour that must match from one spread to the next, using spot colours will make that easier to accomplish.
Need a special or spot colour ink mixed?
Please click here and fill out the ink mixing form to assist the lab with making an informed decision on the raw materials selected for the ink mix/colour match. We’ll then match the colour on a standard coated or uncoated paper or we can use the paper you’ll be printing on, just send us some samples. Send your completed form to one of the contacts below depending on what state you are in. If you need to know specifics, please call their mobile.
Sam Varughese, General Manager, 0409 901 269
David Browne, National Sales & Technical Manager, 0417 194 854
Michael Golby, Technical Account Manager – Victoria, 0417 117 930
Roger Gee, Sales Executive – Victoria, 0404 461 451
Shekhar Kulkarni, Technical Account Manager – New South Wales, 0412 298 446
Rick Alamango, Sales Executive – New South Wales, 0409 225 489
Shane Harvey, Sales Executive – Queensland, 0408 199 584
Ben Currie, Sales Executive – South Australia, 0414 886 876
All emails are firstname.lastname@example.org